Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Baked by the Beach

I love to write. I love to bake. So, a baking column? It was bound to happen sometime.

My column, Baked by the Beach, debuted in this month's issue of Ocean City Magazine. Citrus Cookie Sandwiches with a Coconut Filling is the first recipe - a basic short dough formula made up a bit fancy.


I'm not going to post the recipe here because I'd really you rather pick up a copy of Ocean City Magazine. It's a great overall read, first of all, and second of all, it is the creation of one of my closest friends. Better than a single issue, get a full year subscription - all the contact info is on the website.

I've already submitted my June column (want to know what it is? get a subscription!) and have been working on my July recipe this week. Here's a hint - it will have something to do with pies. The Fourth of July is the month's biggest holiday, after all, and what's more American than pie?

I'm having a lot of fun with this column. Honestly, I was nervous to write it. After all, what makes me a pro in the kitchen? Turns out a lifetime of practice and a bit of culinary school under my belt isn't so bad. I've gotten some good feedback on the first column, and I'm hoping that will keep up. The second column is even better (in my opinion), and I think the July one is going to be the most delicious of them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment