Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Latte is Back!


I have a confession. I am a pumpkin addict.

Once late August rolls around, the itch begins. That cannot-satisfy-my-hunger-for-pumpkin itch. And, oh no, I don’t just mean hunger as in filling up my stomach. Anything pumpkin can help feed the need.

I light pumpkin-scented candles in every room of the house. I pull boxes of pumpkin décor from the attic, adorning my little rancher with festive, bright orange gourds wherever space allows. I have wooden pumpkin stakes for the front lawn. I have dangly pumpkin earrings I wear with fervor – oh, and a matching necklace, too.

When it comes to pumpkin food, it is impossible to satiate my appetite. But if there is one thing that can help curb the craving, it would be my most favorite coffee drink in the entire universe - the Pumpkin Spice Latte!

I have two favorite Starbucks events. One is the debut of the festive red cups and accompanying holiday cheer every November. The other is the return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte. My little slice - or cup, if you will - of heaven returned to stores this week, and after a slight debut-day debacle, I fetched my first latte today with John.

See how happy it makes me?


And although he's not a fanatic like I am, it makes John pretty happy, too.


My first latte of the 2011 fall season was perfection, as expected. It just hits the perfect balance of spice-to-pumpkin ratio, and of course caffeine is always an added bonus in my book. (I have no idea what I'm going to do without coffee when I'm pregnant.)

If you haven't gotten your first 2011 Pumpkin Spice Latte yet, I highly recommend you head on over to your local Starbucks and order one. Nothing will get you more ready for beautiful, wonderful fall. Personally, I can't wait for my next Pumpkin Spice!

No comments:

Post a Comment